Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day #10




Returning to the group after my solo night was a little weird. I was so much in my own mind, it was hard to interact with others. We had a couple debriefs about the trip and our solo nights. This trip has been such a good experience for me. I cant believe how fast ten days have gone by! The Outdoor program has changed my life so much this past year. Looking back on this year and all the new things I have tried from white water kayaking to sleeping in a snow cave. It has brought my self confidence, my love for the outdoors, and for me to try everything and not give up! Our group has such a special bond, and I truly feel comfortable around everyone. There is a quote that truly speaks to this semester " I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel". This program speaks to that. The group of people that this program attracts will truly change your life. From skiing in the backcountry, building snow caves,rafting down the Feather, to an eleven day trip, it wouldnt be worth it if it wasnt for the people that are laughing right along with you!

No comments: