Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Outdoor Recreation Leadership



The ORL program at Feather River College has opened my eyes to so many new adventures. Looking back at where I was a year ago, this program has made me step out of my comfort zone, challenged me physically and mentally, and has introduced me to some of the most amazing people I have ever met. A part of the program is to go on an eleven day river/ backpacking trip. For our trip we are going to the Owyhee river and will be backpacking in the little Owyhee. I have never been on a river trip before and am excited to learn how packing a raft and travling down the river works!
" Risks must be taken because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing, the person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing, is nothing. They may avoid suffering and sorrow, but they cannot learn feel, change, grow, love or live. Chained by their certainties they are slaves, they have forfeited their freedom. Only a person who risks is free"

No comments: