Monday, May 10, 2010

Day #7



4/29/2010

Today we were on the river for 12 miles. We had a change of plans, we missed the camp site with the hot springs so we went all the way to take out. The last part of the river was beautiful. Big high canyon land and exciting rapids.I also rowed the oar rig for a while,which is such a good work out! Something I thought our group handled well today, was finishing the river part a day early. I think one of the most important skills to have, especially as a leader, is to be flexible. I saw this within everyone today! Our take out went smooth, and everyone helped out. We jumped into the vans and drove for about 4 hours, to a camp site with big hot springs! We had our nightly meeting in the hot springs, and Saylor said everyones river name, and the group said positive things about that person.People said I was always positive and had a great laugh and smile. I have defintely heard that before!

No comments: